How would you rate BD IS 2008

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Albinoni, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Bitdefender doesn't seem to be mentioned much on this forum compared to most others out there. I'm planning to give this AV a go/trial to see what its like (refering to Bitdefender Internet Security 2008 ). Whats your view on this AV and would you reccomend it, also does BD use their own engine.

2. Niels

Niels Registered Member

BitDefender uses it's own engine. BitDefender engine is also used in Bullguard Internet Security. I am a happy BitDefender user since version 8.0.
    Even with the aggressive scan settings the cpu usage of the bitdefender processes are reasonable for me the http traffic scanner doesn't slow down the time till the pages load when I compare it with disabling http traffic scanning.
    If you want receive an honest reply you must wait till somebody else answer also that tried other antiviruses.

3. osip

osip Registered Member

I´m also using it with great pleasure, runs very fine on my system, can confirm:
    Deep system scan fast here ~26 min 2 drives...

Downloading with download managers demands privacy control to "permissive" from certain places.(The same with Avira web guard where you have to take it to off).

Overall I consider it a very good suite, light and smooth...

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i like Bitdefender. :)

yep, its one of the licences i have somewhere....and still valid for more than a year.

it was bought mainly for my brother, but he prefers F-Secure now.

Bitdefender is very good, nice gui, fast scanner and easy to navigate the settings, support is fantastic too, oh and the price aswell.

4/5
    8/10

5. computer geek

computer geek Registered Member

Its got great sig/heursitics, great detection, lightness, only problem is it lacks in removel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.