How would it work?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 357mag, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 357mag

357mag Registered Member

I'm thinking about trying Acronis True Image 8.0 but kind of not sure yet. I'm trying to get a feel for how the program works. I have an 80 GB hard disk divided into two partitions, C and D. C has data on it, D is totally blank. If I tell True Image to clone my C partition, and later when I click Restore will it in fact successfully restore the image to my C partition only? Or is it going to do something to my D partition like deleting it or causing it to disappear? This is the problem I had with Ghost 2003.

2. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

No :eek:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 357mag,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

First of all, you cannot clone your partition to another partition. You can clone only the whole entire hard disk drive to another hard disk drive.

Regarding your setup I recommend you to create an image of your C: partition to your D: partition. After that you will be able to restore this image to your C: partition and roll your C: partition back to the state it was at the time the image was created.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.