how trustworthy is the wire?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by testsoso, Mar 19, 2016.

1. testsoso

testsoso Registered Member

wire.com claim to secure messaging, voice and video calls.
    does anyone know how trustworthy it is?

it is not clear for me how the company make money,

And with more secure messaging tools available today, I wonder will the eff update their secure messaging score card?

tools which I wish to add for testing:

1) wire.com

2) tutanota.com

3) protonmail.com

4) conversation

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I like Pond, although it's been more or less abandoned.

3. Rigz

Rigz Registered Member

I've got an account with Tutanota and Protonmail. I've had a Protonmail account since they first started offering invitations to sign up, and I've been using Tutanota for about 2 months.

Protonmail has the added benefit of 2 passwords... one to log in and a separate password to decrypt your mail storage while Tutanota only has 1 password to log in and decrypt. Tutanota however has a more affordable price for their premium package. I haven't used Protonmail's paid packages yet because I think they're a bit over priced for what you get.

I'd like to see Protonmail's $4/month Plus package support more than 1 custom domain (and be less than $4/month haha). Their Visionary package supports up to 10 domains but it's $30/month which I think is kind of ridiculous. Protonmail also offers the option to add extra domains to the Plus package but each one is $1.50/month on top of the $4/month fee for the package which I think is equally as ridiculous.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  4. testsoso

testsoso Registered Member

thanks, but how about wire.com. the tool claim to be a Skype alternative, but should be more secure, and yet there is very little know to everybody.

5. Rigz

Rigz Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.