How to view files backed up on CD's without restoring them first.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by isystems, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isystems

isystems Registered Member

There have been several errors on CD backup attempts I have performed. I assume it was a hardware fault.

I want to know if I can have a view of the files of the backup whether it successfully completed or not.

And can I continue with a backup process that failed. I have a case where 2+ CD's were filled. Can I initiate a continuance of that process?

Thanks,

Stan

2. mareke

mareke Registered Member

The only way to view the image files on CDs is after a successful image creation to copy them all back to a hard disk and mount the image. There is no way of seeing the files in a partially created image. Unfortunately you can't continue an image creation that failed and will have to start again.

3. isystems

isystems Registered Member

It would be a nice upgrade if True Image could permit the user to continue with a backup process allowing more folders/files to be added to and existing backup on CDs. I can see a possible difficulty in the concept since the alternative option (other than a CD or DVD destination) of True Image is to mirror the drive's sectors verses folders/files per se. But I'm not sure it would be that big a deal. Do you think such an upgrade is possible?

I'd appreciate an answer,

Stan

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello isystems,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image 9.0 allows you to create a subsequent incremental images which contain only the data changes made since the last full or incremental image has been created for both disk\partition and file-based backups, even in case the initial full backup is spanned over a several CDs\DVDs (you should insert the last created CD\DVD first and then follow wizard's instructions in this case). Please read more in sections 1.2, 1.3 and chapter 4 of Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or report any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.