How to use TI8 with Fedora Core 3

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by clickster, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clickster

clickster Registered Member

I have a laptop that I multiboot Win XP Pro / Fedora Core 3.
    I purchased a downloaded version of the program from Newegg.com, so the only thing I received was an EXE file and a registration number. According to the Acronis website, True Image 8 can handle EXT3 partitions. But it gives me the following error on both of my EXT3 partitions - "Unsupported file system". I should mention that I am doing everything from Win XP Pro. FC3 boots fine and passes all file system checks. Did I miss something? I keep hearing everyone mention "TI 8 for Linux". Is there a seperate Linux version that I need? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. tommylam

tommylam Registered Member

:'(
    I've got exactly the same problem too. I'm using True Image 8 as well. I've just wanted to backup my Fedora Core 3 partitions on the same computer. The one "TI 8 for Linux" is a server version. It costs a lot of $$$$$ compared to the "TI 8" we have.

I hope somone from Acronis could figure out what exactly happens in our cases.

Thanks!

3. yup, acronis does not work with fc3 ext3 partitions, been like that for a while now.... stopping me from purchasing, as soon as it's fixed, i'll buy!

i doubt if even true image server for linux works properly with fc3, i expect it will run, but not be able to backup!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.