How to use TI8 with Fedora Core 3

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by clickster, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clickster

clickster Registered Member

I have a laptop that I multiboot Win XP Pro / Fedora Core 3.
    I purchased a downloaded version of the program from Newegg.com, so the only thing I received was an EXE file and a registration number. According to the Acronis website, True Image 8 can handle EXT3 partitions. But it gives me the following error on both of my EXT3 partitions - "Unsupported file system". I should mention that I am doing everything from Win XP Pro. FC3 boots fine and passes all file system checks. Did I miss something? I keep hearing everyone mention "TI 8 for Linux". Is there a seperate Linux version that I need? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. tommylam

tommylam Registered Member

:'(
    I've got exactly the same problem too. I'm using True Image 8 as well. I've just wanted to backup my Fedora Core 3 partitions on the same computer. The one "TI 8 for Linux" is a server version. It costs a lot of $$$$$ compared to the "TI 8" we have.

I hope somone from Acronis could figure out what exactly happens in our cases.

Thanks!

3. yup, acronis does not work with fc3 ext3 partitions, been like that for a while now.... stopping me from purchasing, as soon as it's fixed, i'll buy!

i doubt if even true image server for linux works properly with fc3, i expect it will run, but not be able to backup!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.