How to use these two programs?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by T772, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T772

T772 Guest

Hey,

Hi i have recently come across these programs and I believe they are DOS based? I would like to give them both a try, but im not totally sure how to use them. I am wondering if i could get Kproc to work by typing 'cd..' 'cd..' 'KprocCheck' , as for frisk? I asking due to the fact that every time i mess with dos i mess something up, Thank T

With KprocCheck: http://www.security.org.sg/code/kproccheck.html

Or with Frisk: http://sourceforge.net/projects/frisk

Thanks T

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

You again! j / k T ;)

This is what I could find on running Frisk here, courtesy kareldjag.

Concerning KprocCheck, be careful which version you download as the 0.2-beta2 is for Win2K,
    beta1 for XP (traversing of scheduler's ETHREAD list is not fully functional in XP).
    *This Proof-of-Concept code may crash the system since the code does not acquire any locks when traversing the various systems lists. Use at your own risk and on test machines only. Thanks Neill Clift for pointing this out.*

It sound's like you need to know how to place the executable *in the path* - "I am wondering if i could get Kproc to work by typing ...." If that's correct and you are on either system mentioned, look here noting a semicolon separates any new paths you choose to include ....

xxxx://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm

Otherwise, move to it's current directory with either cd or chdir, then execute.
    The commands listed on the KprocCheck project page would be entered (bolded) exactly as follow's ....

Have some sort of backup in place T. I'd personally go offline and disable my virus scanner and anything else that's running *IF* I felt the need to know this information. Make sure you run as Administrator, then unload the driver after you have what your looking for. Getting restless for a new format myself! :D

GF

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  3. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

I know, cant stop asking questions!! Thanks GF again for your helpful advice, :)T

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hey Tom, it's :cool:

We all learn a little when question's are asked .... it's not like there's an under-abundance of peep's who know a thing or two around here. I was aware of the program's you inquired about but had never been to either site so, all good. :)
    Your Kproc link *stirred* me quite well thank you!

BTW .... how'd you make out? Were you able to work the commandline and get those program's running?
    Oh and please, before I forget .... what system are you on so I'm prepared for next time? :D

GF

5. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

BTW .... how'd you make out? >GF, Frisk came up clean and worked fine and Kproc i havnt used yet! I think ihave got the command line sorted, so i give it a try over the weekend. Thanks again T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.