How to update to 8.0.748?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Spyros, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyros

Spyros Registered Member

Hello, I registered APE 8.0.732 a few days ago (PC mag. offer). I now see that current version is 8.0.748. I logged into my account on the website, but it said that current version is 8 (no built number) and I wasn't given an update download link (as with my other acronis products, like True Image). How can I get it? o_O

2. Spyros

Spyros Registered Member

Anyone? :rolleyes:

3. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

If you have registered with Acronis then it should show in the list of registered products when you log into the Acronis website. If the product is listed then click on the name of that product and it will expand that line to show details of the latest updtae and a link to get the update.

If you don't see your product listed or you can't obtain the update as detailed above then contact Acronis support at support@acronis.com

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Spyros,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

It seems that you have Acronis Privacy Expert personal version. These versions are intended mostly to let people get acquainted with the software. We do not provide updates for personal versions. You may upgrade to the full version of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0 at our on-line store.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Spyros

Spyros Registered Member

Thanks for the replies (both here & by e-mail support). I understand now. It would be nice though if PCmag could clarify this when they give offers, they can't just say "full free version" when in fact it isn't one (well, sort of). Ahh, marketing...

Have a nice day :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.