How to update SpywareBlaster on a non-connected computer

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by unwired, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unwired

unwired Registered Member

I often install programs that have been downloaded and saved to a flash drive on to a computer that is not connected to the internet. Is there anyway that I can download and then manually update the protection database for SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 on this non-connected computer? I want to prevent spyware from installing on the non-connected computer from programs installed from the flashdrive that have been downloaded off the internet.

Thanks

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello unwired....Welcome to Wilders :thumb:
    Take a look at the Spywareblaster Forum sticky linked to below and look in the area dealing with (1) "I would like to perform manual updates - is there a way I can do so?". There you will see the files to manually download and apply.

This sticky---> SpywareBlaster Troubleshooting and Tips & Tricks

HTH,
    Bubba

3. unwired

unwired Registered Member

Thanks Bubba for such a quick response. I tried searching the forum before posting and did not see the thread you pointed me to. This looks like iexactly what I need.

Thanks again.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are very Welcome and if by chance that's not what you were looking for or have a problem downloading\applying the databases....Please do post back....Someone will be more than glad to assist ;)

5. rdale11

rdale11 Registered Member

I am trying to do the same thing. My mother has dial-up (ugh) so updates take hours. I hoped to find a way to manually download and update her computer.

The first 3 of the files above auto download fine but the last 4 open as notepad type files and I have to do a save as from the file menu and the first line is 01/01/2006. This makes me believe that these may not be up to date. Can you tell me?

Rhonda

6. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

Rhonda:

You should not be opening the files during the download.

To download the files (in Internet Explorer):
    • Click on the file.
    • When the File Download dialog appears, click Save (not Open).
    • When the Save As dialog opens navagate to the location the you want to save the file in using the Save in: entry area.
    • Click the Save button.
    The files are not old in spite of the 1/1/2006 dates in some of them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.