How to update SpywareBlaster on a non-connected computer

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by unwired, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unwired

unwired Registered Member

I often install programs that have been downloaded and saved to a flash drive on to a computer that is not connected to the internet. Is there anyway that I can download and then manually update the protection database for SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 on this non-connected computer? I want to prevent spyware from installing on the non-connected computer from programs installed from the flashdrive that have been downloaded off the internet.

Thanks

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello unwired....Welcome to Wilders :thumb:
    Take a look at the Spywareblaster Forum sticky linked to below and look in the area dealing with (1) "I would like to perform manual updates - is there a way I can do so?". There you will see the files to manually download and apply.

This sticky---> SpywareBlaster Troubleshooting and Tips & Tricks

HTH,
    Bubba

3. unwired

unwired Registered Member

Thanks Bubba for such a quick response. I tried searching the forum before posting and did not see the thread you pointed me to. This looks like iexactly what I need.

Thanks again.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are very Welcome and if by chance that's not what you were looking for or have a problem downloading\applying the databases....Please do post back....Someone will be more than glad to assist ;)

5. rdale11

rdale11 Registered Member

I am trying to do the same thing. My mother has dial-up (ugh) so updates take hours. I hoped to find a way to manually download and update her computer.

The first 3 of the files above auto download fine but the last 4 open as notepad type files and I have to do a save as from the file menu and the first line is 01/01/2006. This makes me believe that these may not be up to date. Can you tell me?

Rhonda

6. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

Rhonda:

You should not be opening the files during the download.

To download the files (in Internet Explorer):
    • Click on the file.
    • When the File Download dialog appears, click Save (not Open).
    • When the Save As dialog opens navagate to the location the you want to save the file in using the Save in: entry area.
    • Click the Save button.
    The files are not old in spite of the 1/1/2006 dates in some of them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.