How to uninstall TI

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stantech1, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stantech1

stantech1 Registered Member

Windows Server 2003
    TI 9.1 Build 3567
    I am not sure if I have a problem with my installation. I get the spalsh screen and it seem to run. However after seeing the post on installing Build 3567 over the top I thought I would do a clean install of B3567.

It is strange I cannot uninstall from Add/Remove programs.

Can I just remove all the files in C:\Program Files\Acronis and any reference in the registry to Acronis and install the whole alpplication again?

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

I'm pretty sure the previous problem with installing over an older version was cured with build 3567. But what you're suggesting should work too. You said you weren't sure if you had a problem - is there something that is giving you a hint of a problem?

Try making the bootable Rescue CD and see if all it's feature run okay.

3. stantech1

stantech1 Registered Member

Thank you for replying.
    The only hint came when I tried and could not do a repair then tried to remove TI in Add/Remove Programs. That about it. It also won't allow me to install again. It just stops saying "Try installer again" or similar text.
    I will take your suggestion and make a rescue disk and try again.
    THX

4. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

If TI is listed in Add/REmove Programs, and you cannot uninstall, you can do the following:

1. Delete the files in Program Files\Acronis.

2. Use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall. You wil get an error message, but tell the computer tocontinue with the uninstall.

3. Then go into Device Manager and delete the 1or 2 Acronis devices.

You should then be able to re-install.

Not sure whether you will have to mess with the registry.
    If so, see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=62478&highlight=remove+true+image+totally.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

CAUTION!! That procedure was posted in the days of TI 8. We require Acronis Support confirmation that it can be read across to TI 9.0 Build 3567.

Personally, I would first boot into Windows "Safe" mode and try to install Build 3567 from there. If successful, stantech1 could then reboot into Windows "Normal" mode and try to uninstall via Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs again. If that works then he should probably be able to carry out a normal reinstall.

Regards

6. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

The steps 1-3 I listed will always work, as far as getting the critter removed from Add/Remove programs.

The remaining debris left in the registry is very application specific.
    Stuff gets left behind for at least the following reasons:

a. To faciliate preserving setttings from previous installs.
    b. Registration/activation info. No company is going to needlessly tell us how to mess with those.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello stantech1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please follow the instructions in this previous post in order to uninstall the software.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.