How to Uninstall panda truprevent home edition 2005

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by trisonic, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trisonic

trisonic Registered Member

i have a strange problem here.i installed a trial/free version of panda truprevent home edition on 06/13/2005 and now wants to uninstall it(downloaded it from download.com).the official site says that you dont have to register for trial/shareware vesions as they are suppose to expire in 30 odd days.
    some how i didnt like it and when i tried uninstalling,it simply wont go.not from add/remove utility and and certainly not from the start menu where it says uninstall panda truprevent.i have tried some uninstallers also like ashampoo etc.
    not only this it has also blocked the ports and now i cannot access the internet.there are some four processes running in the background that you can actually identify relating to this stupid software and every time i tried to stop them the error message says that i do not have permission.same message appears when i try to uninstall it from proper channels.
    you cannot delete the registry entry nor can you delete the folder form the menu.i need some HELP here and fast.i would appriciate the effort guys. thanks.
    i would like to add that i have windows XP machine with AVG free and Kerio personnel firewall running on it. and no its not AMD but runs on Intel.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

have u tried setting all its services to disabled and using msconfig to disable it from starting? after that try uninstalling. post ur results

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.