How to uninstal XP communications?

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by swopedogg, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swopedogg

swopedogg Registered Member

My home page was highkacked, I used spyware blaster to delete the files, but they kept coming back. I deleted the registry key like I was instructed, but I can't figure out how to uninstal and then reinstal the XP communications devices so now I can not access the internet with my home PC. I even took my PC to a repair shop, but the guy, though nice, was not very knowledgeable about XP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi swopedogg,

Could you explain a little more about the problem please? You see, SpywareBlaster doesn't "delete files" - it's not a scanner or cleaner, it's a preventative program that sets flags to stop spyware from coming down in the first place. So, what product were you using to "delete the files"?

Also, what registry key are you talking about? Is there some previous post or thread that shows background information on this, even if it is at a different forum?

3. swopedogg

swopedogg Registered Member

LowWaterMark,

Thanks for the quick reply, I am a complete moron. The software that I was working with was called HiJackThis. My apologies.

As far as the registry key, I should have written it down, but didn't. The instructions seemed clear until it came to uninstalling the 'communications' software.

Thanks

4. farhad

farhad Registered Member

5. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

open hijackthis, press config/backups, look at the list of backups and copy what is written there

you cannot copy & paste but will have to write down what is there and then paste that here

also run hijackthis again and paste it's log here

do not restore anything at this stage

you can try this it's a small application so download it to a working computer, transfer it on a floppy and run it

Download LSPfix here: http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
    run the application. Just run it, you will see a list of files in the left hand pane and possibly some in the right hand pane. Do not change any of them, just tick the "I know what i'm doing" box & press finish and the program will do anything necessary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.