How to transfer /save contents of Sandbox (all files)

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by learningcurve, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. learningcurve

learningcurve Registered Member

Newbie question: How do I save all files in my default sandbox to another media.

Trying to troubleshoot IE. IE had one tab using 250,000k and another 130,000k. CPU temperature spiked, fan running near max.

Thanks for any help.

2. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Have you set a specific download folder in SBIE?
    Sandbox->Defaultbox(f.i.)->Sandbox settings->Recovery->Quick Recovery->Add Folder.
    Choose that path in sandboxie and select your download folder, f.i. on an USB stick/drive/etc. if such are used as 'other media'.

Sandbox->Defaultbox->Sandbox settings->Recovery->Immediate Recovery->Check 'Immediate Recovery' box.

Choose this path to automatically save files in your download folder when finished downloading.
    What exactly were you doing when the CPU spikes occured? Downloading files, watching heavy Flash sites or just plain browsing? Any other CPU intensive tasks running at the same time?

3. learningcurve

learningcurve Registered Member

Baserk, thanks for your response.

What I want to do is save the *contents of sandbox*, especially user files (all). Is the safer solution to just save a copy of sandbox to cd or usb? Is this do-able? Using free version.

I was just browsing. No downloading, no media streaming. 10 tabs open, looked like each had it's own process and each using at least 1-13 CPU, and as mentioned one tab was 250,000k. I now have a tab that is 360,000k, CPU 13, CPU temp gradually going up. Earlier, once I closed IE/sandboxIE the CPU overheating stopped (but I did not empty sandbox because want to save files).

Today and every day always start w/ emptied sandbox (at least according to sandboxie). Wondering if temp files causing this -- CPU/RAM problem is not a usual occurrence. Have had ther issues using sandboxIE: hidden, undeletable files in sandbox. Essentially I should not have problems surfing w/ sandboxie but I do. So want to find out *why* it happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.