How to test your security software?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by aigle, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

http://www.pc-st.com/us/index.htm

I tried this so called security test, I will discuss only the AV and Antispware test( as far as AntiHaker test is concerned even the windows firewall was 100% successsful). Norton Internet Security did not allow to execute but if I disabled the IPS the rest of suite alloed the test to run and gave poor detection results. ZA Pro gave poor results., MS Antispyware gave better results alone!( don,t remember the exact detiails now.) CyberHawk Poor results. PrevxR1 did not allow the programme to execute. Winpatrol free --poor results. Pls note that i only used rapid scan option of my AV and antispy to detect these malware simulators.

What are your results if you have tried it. I wonder how reliable it can be but after this test I thinkmy security is poor. Are there anymore tests availabble like this?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

That test is an embarrasment. Or should I say an advertisement. If you allow everything it tells you that you have no security. When I ran it I blocked everything and it crashed.

Pete

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Ya it crshes with NIS and Prevs1R.

4. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Well, I suppose, this test is made to freeze any time DefenseWall block it's action to show VirusKeeper 2005 advertisment on program's close! Marketing promotion tool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.