How to stop Amon on Startup?

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by Blackspear, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Amon starts scanning automatically on windows startup, how do I stop this?

It has taken more that 90min to scan 105,000 files and it is still going...

Cheers :D

2. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

> Amon starts scanning automatically on windows startup, how do I stop this?

AMON watches everything you do ... all the time. By the time you read this it will probably have scanned 120000 files. :)

When you say "It has taken more that 90min to scan 105,000 files and it is still going", do you mean (a) the startup scan took 90 minutes before you could start using your PC, or (b) that it is still scanning 90 minutes after you booted up ?

(b) is OK

(a) would indicate a problem

3. Blackspear

(b) is the answer.

So is this a continuos loop that we'll now see with Amon in the new Nod, as in it will eventually get to the end of the scan and start back at the beginning and rescan?

The reason this came up is I clicked on Amon in the new Nod and saw it scanning through files, even though I had not started a manuel scan.

4. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

> (b) is the answer.

> So is this a continuos loop that we'll now see with Amon in the new Nod, as in it will eventually get to the end of the scan and start back at the beginning and rescan?

Not quite. AMON isn't scanning your hard drive(s) ... it's scanning files as they are accessed, either by you or by Windows, plus some checking on itself.

If you want to sit and watch moss grow on your screen for a while you'll see the same files being scanned over and over. :)

> The reason this came up is I clicked on Amon in the new Nod and saw it scanning through files, even though I had not started a manuel scan.

Windows is always playing with itself ... even when you're asleep. AMON watches everything it's doing, and the file count keeps increasing.

Here's a clip of mine from the current version. The file count has increased by about 80 in the time it took me to type this reply ................

Attached Files:

5. Blackspear

Now I understand :rolleyes:

Many thanks Rod :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.