How to stealth all ports?

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Rilla927, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I recently bought PE and I would like to know how I can stealth all my ports, or is there such a thing as being able to do this without wreaking havoc on my system. I understand you can't close every port or nothing would work, unless you guy's know something I don't. I hope I'm getting my point across, because I'm not very good at this stuff, trying to put it in words.

Or maybe, I can close specific ports that are open, but I wouldn't have a clue as to knowing which one's or how. I just want to protect my system, because I'm tired of reformatting. I just did a fresh install a few days ago. I haven't put PE on it yet because I wanted to get some info first. At least it's being protected by PG,TDS-3, WG right now. I'm so happy I found this software from DiamondCS, I have never seen anything like these programs.

I want to let you guy's know in the future here I'm putting together a website of my own, and I plan on endorsing DiamondCS Products.

Thanks in advance, I will wait to hear from you before I install PE.

Rilla927

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Rilla927

Port Explorer will show traffic on the various ports among other things, but to stealth your computer you need to look at firewalls.

Pete

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Somewhere long ago LWM posted a turorial to stealth your email client in Zone Alarm.

Besides the firewall for stealthing, you can block sending traffic from an application but that could be unpractical in cases. It will take some settings in applications like your email client so a sender does not get your receiving/reading signal when you open his email or spam and thus can't validate your email account while you can in Port Explorer block send for the email client -- it will spare you the nice images and stuff in the spam so you're done with it extra fast :cool:
    But don't block that send when you want to send out emails yourself.

So in more of your applications you can be critical in your settings.

4. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I think you are right Jooske, that was my last resort. Here I discovered last night by submitting a text file of PE to DiamondCS; I thought when I right clicked on a port and it says, what is port 5000, and it would give all different types of aliases the Trojans use, I'm assuming, I actually thought by doing that, that I had a bunch of Trojans on my computer. I misunderstood it.

I had to laugh after being so parynoid and freaking out, (after reformatting all these times) but at least I learned something from it.

I feel a 100% better now and I think DiamondCS has awesome products. Keep up the good work, you guys.

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

:D :D That's fine Rilla, just don't forget to get some sleep too...all this info can be overwhelming. Take your time, ask a lot of question :D and stay away from malware :cool:

We'll try to help out

Sincerely

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You'll find reading the helpfile very educational.
    It has lots of info you won't find easy on internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.