How to start Privoxy + Vidalia at once

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by XPY, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XPY

XPY Registered Member

May someone please help me by creating a batch file to launch privoxy and vidalia at once? I have already tried a batch file with the following content:

Code:
    start C:\Programme\Privoxy\privoxy.exe
    start C:\Programme\Vidalia\vidalia.exe
    Unfortunately it doesn't work properly. Vidalia launches fine, but privoxy wont open and reports:
    I am on XP-SP2 with "Tor & Privoxy & Vidalia bundle 0.1.2.15" from http://tor.eff.org/

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  3. XPY

XPY Registered Member

Thanks for the links, GlobalForce! I think i'm using the correct configurations. If i launch privoxy and vidalia manually, everything works fine. I just can't get privoxy to start with the .bat-file.

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

When you installed did you place a check next to Privoxy's startup option like in my attachment? If you head down to pf's, vidalia bundle, privoxy is there a config.txt present .... the file it'll search for when looking to start at boot? There should be no need for a batch file making me wonder if you have some additional program keeping it from loading? Setup as a client? Which browser? If you've had an earlier version installed at one time it's possible privoxy's executable is running from somewhere it can't access it's configuration file's. Maybe this thread shed's some light ....

http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15374

Steve

Attached Files:

5. Ghoulardi

Ghoulardi Registered Member

I know this is an old thread but I came across it while searching Google so figured I'd post the answer.
    You had the right idea XPY. The one below works for me.

open notepad and paste the bold text below (change location if needed)
    then save the file as TorStartup.bat or whatever you want (.bat)

Run the file and it will open both programs.
    Code:
    [B]
         cd "C:\windows\system32"
         start /b "vidalia" "C:\Program Files\Vidalia Bundle\Vidalia\vidalia.exe"
         cd "C:\Program Files\Vidalia Bundle\Privoxy"
         start /b "privoxy" "C:\Program Files\Vidalia Bundle\Privoxy\privoxy.exe"
         exit[/B]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.