How to Slipstream Win Xp SP3 to Sp2

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pinso, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Hello folks,
    if someone could help me here: :D U see i already h' Winxp SP3 Retail CD, i was hoping to Slipstream it back to SP2, well to each his preference.
    I know how to Slipstream from Sp2 to Sp3, but recently i Slipstreamed Sp2 with the WinxpSp3 n in the Process spoiled 2 CD's. I dont know if Slipping Sp2 back from Sp3 is possible in the first place.
    Many reasons:
    • Some games does not seem to work in Sp3.
    • I want to format my older PC with xp sp2.
    • Just like SP2 more than SP3.

Lastly: :D i h nlite, is is possible to make a bootable Winxp CD, that will not interrupt Users to give the Serial, User name , Password , Network Settings , etc etc. Or is their any Program that can do this. From the start of Inserting the Bootable Disc, it would start installing XP.​

Many thanks
    www.wilderssecurity.com:thumb: :thumb:

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

3. Sully

Sully Registered Member

GlobalForce is on target, MSFN is a great site for these things.

Also try

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/
    http://www.911cd.net/forums/

Look for an Unattended CD project, which is what you want it sounds like.

I have never put SP2 over SP3. My advice since you have a legal version is to find a XP gold or SP1/SP2 source disc for your project. Sounds easier than undoing SP3.

Sul.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

You can't really undo the slipstream so you'll have to find an SP2 disk.

Also if some games don't work with SP3, I would try reporting it, or if not related to SP3, then troubleshoot whatever is causing the issue.

5. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

You can use nlite to create an unattended XP setup yes.As for slipstreaming SP2 into an SP3 source,I'd say no since SP3 already contains the contents of SP2 and you can't 'un-slipstream' the additional stuff .You'll need to find an SP2 disk I'm afraid (not too hard if you look around).;)

Attached Files:

6. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Thanks people,
    although right now i m using my Mobile as a Modem (for time being) and cant really afford to browse and search a lot of material on making a Unattended Bootable or Slipstreaming.
    But i give up the Idea of Slipping Sp2 frm Sp3. The links provided by Globalforce and Sully was useful full of Topics regarding Unatted Bootable USB/Flash/External HDD. But with merely 14.4KB/s kicking with this mobile modem, i reallly cant afford to browse through them. It would really take me 3 days to find one perfect solution.
    Thank you Andyman for stampping it for meh, now i'll stick with nlite and see where i'll reach....:eek:

Will Report Soon: :D

7. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Nlite is an excellent tool that's very intuitive to use. ;)

8. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Sorry their for Double post, anyways i tried nlite and made an ISO file, i m quite novice at using this Application. However the thing i do not want seems to appear, ie., the Blue Screen (Windows Setup) and later asked me to where i should install the Winxp.
    Is is possible to Skip the entire Windows Setup that appears in Blue Screen and directly jump to actually Installing Winxp.
    Can nlite do this for me:
    • Skip the entire Windows Setup that appears at the Start (in Blue Screen)
    • Skip where Winxp should be installed rather then asking where to.
    Anyone, who had used nlite can u suggest me some steps or tips, i really need to make an Unattended CD.

Many thanks:

9. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.