how to shut down systemrescuecd?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ejames82, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejames82

ejames82 Registered Member

systemrescuecd is a disk that has gparted, xfce terminal, mrxvt terminal, geany editor GVim editor, firefox, partimage, testdisk, Lshw, midnight commander, Epdfview PDF viewer, Dillo web browser, and hexadecimal editor, all on one disk.
    i like the disk alot, but the only problem is that i don't know how to properly shut it down. there is no "shut down" button, but there is a sort of "terminal". However, i have tried numerous commands and have been unsuccessful in shutting systemrescuecd off. does anyone have the secret to shutting this disk off?

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I don't think I understand what you mean,it's a live cd which runs in RAM you just power off the pc to shut it down.o_O

3. ejames82

andyman35,
    you must mean "hard kill" by pushing in the power button until the computer shuts down.

4. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Exactly yes.Although some live cd's have a power off in their menu others don't.:thumb:

5. ejames82

shutdown -h now

to shut down

shutdown -r now

to reboot

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

you might have to run shutdown as root, so type in su, then enter the password, it could be root if you don't know it, then type that shutdown command -
    shutdown -h now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.