How to setup Eset NOD32 AV on a RDS Farm.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by madbenny, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madbenny

madbenny Registered Member

Hello,

I've just completed a setup of an RDS Farm (1 RD Connection Broker w/ RD Web Access, 3 RD Session Host) and would like to secure the session host before moving everyone to them. To not slow performance I'd like to know the Do's & Dont's for installing NOD 32 AV but I can't seem to find any docs.

Also, any other suggestions for securing would greatly be appriciated.

Thanks

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

There's a default scheduled task that will initiate a smart scan at every user logon even, I suggest you disable that. It's labeled as only being able to execute once every 24 hours, but unfortunately that wasn't being honored correctly which resulted in excessive disk and CPU load when a new shift started and dozens of sessions were initiated within minutes of each other. Might not be the case any more, but I'm paranoid. Enable detection of Potentially Unwanted Programs in case someone tries to mess around with some of the not so savory tools you can use on a Windows system. You should also put a password on the software configuration. You may also want to consider removing egui.exe's startup entry in the registry if you're going to be a dense environment. 75 sessions with 4mb per egui.exe instance can chew up a good bit of memory.

Besides that, it's a pretty easy set and forget solution. Microsoft keeps a list of recommended AV exclusions for enterprise systems. If you haven't made a base policy yet that pushes these exclusions down to all clients, now would be a good opportunity to do so.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158

3. madbenny

madbenny Registered Member

Thank you for your response SmackytheFrog :D I will follow MS's recommendations. Much appreciated!

madbenny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.