How to set up antivirus scanning with Windows Live Messenger?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by zaid786, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaid786

zaid786 Registered Member

I'm using Eset NOD32 3.0 Beta 2 (standalone) and I don't know how to make nod32 scan file transfers on windows live messenger. Before I could just select the av file for the scanner from program files which would automatically scan file transfers for me. I can't seem to find that file now because they are all different. Is this feature included yet or do I have to do something else in order to make it work?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Welcome to the forum

Still not possible because with the new versions of the products (ESS and EA) the on-demand scan is performed by the kernel (unlikely NOD32 v2 where this was/is performed by a separate application nod32.exe

As far as I know ESS/EA are going to have a command line scanner application which can be run from the Command prompt and which will support /parameters

And by the way , what you want to do is ... hmm ,pointless and unnecessary . EA has real-time file system protection and http protection . What you transfer with Windows Live is scanned twice before you personally access it , no way to be infected if protection is enabled/updated :thumb:

3. zaid786

zaid786 Registered Member

Thanks for your help! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.