How to set "popups"?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by huangzhengliang, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huangzhengliang

huangzhengliang Registered Member

Hi,
    I've been using Zonealarm for a while now and the last time I download an installation file for it was a while ago. That being said, I forgot that NOD32 has most likely quarantined the file if it suddenly disappears from the directory it was saved to after it's completion. In result, I downloaded multiple copies of the same file.
    Anyway, when an infected file is detected and quarantined, is there a way for NOD32 to tell me such has happened?

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

you must be using silent mode
    uncheck silent mode and you see warning and popup's

3. huangzhengliang

Silent mode is already off but I use Blackspear's settings. I know that his settings automatically block files that are potentially dangerous. Is there a way I can be noticed of this, such as when I'm told the virus signatures have been updated.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If you use v2 and you have set it to "Automatically deny download of file" when a file is infected , you have to turn your browser to Higher efficency in order to see any warnings. With v3 , it is not that way. Unless there is a special reason not to use the new version , I would recommend you install ESET NOD32 3.0

5. huangzhengliang

Ah okay. Thanks. The reason was that blackspear's settings wasn't out when I had to install NOD32 and also that there were still problems but I guess it's quite safe to get 3.0 now and blackspear's settings for 3.0 had been up for quite a while.

6. piranha

piranha Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.