how to set NOD32! help!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by wangk0998, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wangk0998

wangk0998 Registered Member

Hi, everyone, I have a problem to ask!

Commonly, I use flashget and IDM to download things from Internet. But, after downloading, I always need to run the scanner by click these things with right button. How to set NOD32 so as to I can let it scan them automatically ? Whether the "command line" can deal with the problem nor not? If could, how to do?

Thank you very much!

Wang

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

This is similar for MSN Messenger. See here for some hints:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=91785

For Flashget, go to Tools --> Options --> File Manager. There should be a place for an antivirus command line. Use something like what DonKid used in #3.

Actually, AMON automatically checks the file after it is created, anyway, so it may not be necessary to run the manual scanner. But it probably would not hurt. ;)

Flashget help:

http://www.amazesoft.com/faq.htm#b15
    http://www.amazesoft.com/cn/faq.php

3. wangk0998

wangk0998 Registered Member

OK, thank you, alglove.

Actually, in China, there are three chief antivirus programs. Any of them can scan files even archives (zip, rar, etc) automatically when downloading rather than creating. If met a infected file, antivirus program will delete it before it is written completely into harddisk. But when I use antivirus programs from foreign conutry, they could not scan them, for instance, some rar files, and I have to run scanner manually. Our chinese antivirus programs are not good in some other aspects, however, I like this function, and tried to find it in the options in NOD32, but failed. So I doubt whether there is some thing wrong with my setting.

wang

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  4. alglove

alglove Registered Member

The IMON component of NOD32 can also scan for viruses during a download, before the file reaches the hard drive. The download has to be HTTP (regular web browser) or POP3 (regular e-mail). It also can scan within .zip files, etc. Go to IMON --> Setup -> Miscellaneous --> Scanner Setup --> Targets --> Archives.

However, IMON cannot scan FTP downloads, IMAP4 (another kind of e-mail), MSN Messenger, or AOL Instant Messenger because they are not HTTP/POP3. It also cannot scan encrypted downloads, because of the encryption. Although IMON cannot scan them as they come in, AMON can still scan them after they reach the hard drive.

From what I know about IDM, it downloads a file by breaking it up into many pieces, then it puts the pieces back together. This may cause problems for IMON, because the "virus" may be in two different pieces, but AMON should still catch it when the file is put back together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.