how to see networked machines

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by gummybat, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gummybat

gummybat Registered Member

new user looking for some help.
    i have recently installed the free version of unipeek msn monitor
    i have a small home network consisting of 3 wireless machines and a desktop with a wired connection to a d link router/modem. i can see msn logs and conversations on the machine the monitor is installed on but none from the other machines. can anyone point me in the right direction. i thought i was able to install on one machine on the network and be able see all other connections. the host machine runs vista and i have passed promiscuous test on my wireless adaptor

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  2. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

I'm sorry but the Unipeek MSN Monitor dose not support wireless network, so you cannot see networked machines in such network. We record your requirement, and will consider to add it in the future development.

3. gummybat

ok thanks for the answer, would i be able to monitor the other machines if i installed the monitor on the desktop that is hardwired to the router or would it still not work??

4. Colasoft Support

Yes. You need to set mirroring port on the router, and then connect Unipeek MSN Monitor to the special port. Finally you can monitor other machines in the network.

5. gummybat

hmm cant seem to see how to set port mirroring on my D link router

6. Colasoft Support

It depend on whether the D link router support mirroring port. The port mirroring configuration of the router may differ from others, please refer to the documentation that comes with your router for information on the availability of this feature and the configuration instructions.
    Please access the link below for more details.
    http://www.colasoft.com/resources/switch-management.php

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.