How to secure an Android smartphone

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Spysnake, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spysnake

Spysnake Registered Member

I have a big problem. Today, I ordered, for the first time ever, an Android phone, specifically the Motorola Razr MAXX. To this day, I have only used the so-called "basic" phones, such as Nokia entry models.

The problem is, while I know in and outs of many PC operating systems, I know _nothing_ about securing mobile phones. I have grown accustomed to using software like Sandboxie to guarantee my safety when surfing the web. I have my Win7 locked down pretty tightly, with Applocker and such in place. Can I get a same degree of security with my new Android phone, and if I can, how?

The phone will mainly be used for quick web checks and other things which may be required when out of home. I may connect to public wifi spots and browse unfamiliar sites, but for the most part, it's 3G connection and only familiar sites. With a computer OS, it's a breeze; I'd have my browser inside a sandbox, and firewall blocking untrusted connections when in a public wifi network. But how can I do it with this phone?

2. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

go to the Google Play Store and search for avast

then install Avast! Mobile Security!

It's free, and does a very good job at keeping your phone secure. Furthermore, it has AntiTheft Technology built in (also free)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.