How to right-click scan for malware w/o running an AV?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by justenough, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justenough

justenough Registered Member

I've installed EAM and turned off the real-time protection so that right-click scans are quickly available for downloaded files before taking them out of the sandboxed download folder. Is there a way to have scanning quickly available without installing the AV? Emsisoft Emergency Kit can't be used that way can it?

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

You can just custom scan with EEK. There's also the cmd scanner provided in EEK that can be put in right-click or schedule. Don't ask me how though, I don't know the details.

3. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

4. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

5. Jryder54

Jryder54 Registered Member

-http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=359767- VirusTotal Uploader 2.2 Beta :thumb:

6. justenough

justenough Registered Member

Thank you for the replies and links. While I was studying them someone pointed out that there would be a gap in my protection that wouldn't be covered by on-demand scans: needing to turn off AppGuard or VoodooShield while doing an install would leave the computer vulnerable if the install had malware. So I am going to keep EAM or some other AV running until I figure out another solution to protection during installs. If that happens, then I can use the ideas given here.

7. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.