How to restore from an incremental backup?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ratchet, May 1, 2014.

1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I removed 2012 (paid) version the other day and installed the free 2014 compact version. Namely because there was supposedly a specific x64 version, thinking it might be faster. I can't say that it is nor can I say the 2012 paid version wasn't x64, because I didn't bother to look to see if it was in x86 or Program files. Anyway, I don't believe the installation of 2014 has anything to do with my issue.
    I never even tried incremental backups in 2012. When I try to restore I get an error (It just states "An error has occurred") every time I try to restore. Then I have to force a shutdown. Normal, full image restores work fine.
    So in choosing an archive to restore from, if the incremental archive #123... of 50 mgs is listed and archive #123... of 17 gbs (the full compacted image), which do I choose? I've been choosing the incremental and all seems normal until the PC boots. Thank you!

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.