how to remove Win32/Confiker.AA worm from network computers

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by chriskaza81, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chriskaza81

chriskaza81 Registered Member

hello,

We have a serious issue in our company with this worm, We use Eset 32 4 antivirus server-client the problem is that for a couple of months almost every 2-3 hours the client antivirus in each ps in network catches this warm and quarantine it . Obviously it still exist somewhere in network and continue to spread all the time . My question is how it could be totaly removed from our network ?? can i do it from server eset 32 or there is any spesific tool to scan all the network and find out in which pc it exist and remove ito_O

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you carried out all instructions mentioned in this KB article to prevent Conficker from propagating over network?

3. chriskaza81

No i didi't !! it means that i have to do it in each pc in nerworko_O i thouth if maybe there is any way to do it from the server to clean all the network so not to do it in each pc in my lan??

4. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

you can use nmap to find the rotten apples, instructions here

5. chriskaza81

sorry if my questions is a little noob but i am a little comfused . Well we have a domain with about 100 pc in a single lan , what should i put in [targetnetwork]
    ?? the domain name? or i guess i put the network address like 192.168.2.0/24

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  6. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

its:

nmap -PN -T4 -p139,445 -n -v --script=smb-check-vulns --script-args safe=1 192.168.2.0-24

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.