How to remove the 'custom scan' option?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by buxton01298, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buxton01298

buxton01298 Registered Member

Hi all

We are a high school currently running V2 of NOD32 but will soon be moving to V3 or V4. When we originally moved to NOD32 someone showed me how to create a config file that blocked off all network drives but I can't find a way to do this in V3. Does anyone know how I can do this?

The problem is that students can open the custom scan tab and launch scans on network drives, if many of them do this (usually maliciously) it can cause performance issues. It is also possible for them to view drives that are hidden from them by Windows Group Policy which is also a bit of a pain.

Ideally I’d like to prevent them viewing any settings but just preventing them from viewing the custom scan tab will be sufficient.

Thank you for any suggestions.

2. DannyT

DannyT ESET Support

buxton01298,

The block for Removal Media is only in Version 4 of our software.

In the Configuration Editor , It is located :

Eset Smart Security , Eset Nod 32 Antivirus
    File System Filter
    Setup
    Removable Media

Here you can setup the block off the file system filter.

Cheers!

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Though it's possible to block removable media, preventing users from running an on-demand scan of network drives is not possible. We will consider incorporating such a feature, however.

4. DannyT

DannyT ESET Support

Thanks Marcos for clearing that up !

5. csgliudger

csgliudger Registered Member

We have exactly the same problem. We are also a High School and we've just installed version 4 of NOD32.

We would also like to prevent users from scanning network drives.
    We've set the option 'Scan network disks' to 'No' in the policy which is applied however, users can still manually perform network drives scans from the custom scan tab.
    Is there a solution how to remove this option yet?

The possiblity to view drives which are normally hidden by Windows Group Policy is quite annoying. Mostly this is a problem shown in programs with their own built-in filebrowser. It would be nice if there's a solution for this as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.