How to remotely restore image across computers w/o breaking access?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by poof, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poof

poof Registered Member

I cant seem to find anywhere how this is done. If i have an image that i want to restore across multiple computers remotely, only one of those computers will be accessible thereafter because the remote settings for it (port#/login/pw) will be the same across all computers. Well thats how RDP and VNC work at least. Is there any way around this?

2. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

if your network card and motherboard support 'wake on lan' then this is easy to accomplish with acronis and a portable WOL tool

why cant you remote dial in to 1 computer and use VNC to initiate restores on all other computers at the same time and then dial in to one of the restored computers and then restore the 1 remaining computer

3. poof

poof Registered Member

Because i was considering using just one image since all the computers are the same, but it seems this would break remote access for all but one computer.

4. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Are you sure?

Are MAC addresses of the network adapters the same across all those computers? I don't think that's possible.

Acronis image makes a complete drive image at a point in time, and that would include all hardware, perhaps even drive serials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.