How to Reinstall Windows Without Losing Your Data

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ice60, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ice60

ice60 Guest

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

It is a good, basic, article. I never use the drivers that are on the CD that shipped with the computer. Those drivers are always very old and it can cause problems during the install. The first thing that I always do is identify all of the chipsets and components, and download the latest drivers, flashes, and BIOS for those first. Put those files onto a CD and have them ready for when the OS asks for them during the install. I install the BIOS and flash upgrades before the software install.

3. ice60

ice60 Guest

thanks, CH. i will have a DVD rewriter when i get back home in a few days and will put as much as i can on it for my next reinstall. and i will try and remember to flash my BIOS as soon as possible into the next reinstall, as i have never done it because i have only thought about doing it after everything has been installed, and been too scared to do it at that stage. :D thanks

4. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Anytime. I like helping people here on Wilders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.