How to recover lost pictures from iPhone?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aigle, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

My nephew was trying to jailbreak my wife,s iPhone 4S, no jailbreak in the end but it somehow deleted all the pics and videos stored in iPhone.

Is there a way to get them back? I am not so familiar with iPhone. I own an android.

Thanks

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I dont have a Iphone but from what I understand if the photos where synced with Itunes then You may be able to recover them,but you may also need a Iphone photo recover tool for the Iphone.May be this may be of help.www.wondershare.com has a recovery tool for iphones.If not synced with Itunes then I am pretty sure the photos are history,sorry to say.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  3. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

unless iCloud was switched on in which case you can just redownload them

if you do have an itunes backup then you can just restore a recent backup (itunes backup saves the photos folder too)

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks for help. Wondershare tool seems good but too expensive i think.
    I got one iTune backup though it,s 8 months old. Tried to recover it but it failed saying lack of disk space on iPhone. I checked my iPhone and almost all of 16 Giga is full- again another problem created by attempted jail break i think.

5. Dark Shadow

Yes I really dont know much about all these Iphone and Ipods and am still stuck on the old.My son has a Ipod touch and last week the screen turned white a blank screen and we got a little nervous. After short google search it seem to be common when IOS updates.The solution was to drain the battery dead until it powers off and then recharge it return it back to normal.:eek: I guess thats apple White screen of death.I thought we had a $200.00 paper weight.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  6. BrandiCandi

BrandiCandi Guest

If you really want to get the photos back, then STOP MESSING WITH THE IPHONE. Also DON'T SYNC THE PHONE WITH THE ICLOUD. (That's advice echoed on the wondershare website).

Deleted files are still there until you have overwritten them. The more you experiment, the more likely you are to overwrite the photos. Now is not the time to experiment.

There are numerous methods to retrieve deleted files, but AFAIK, they all require expert knowledge and/or some cash. Wondershare has a free trial you can use to see if the deleted photos are even there, I recommend starting with that. But ultimately you'll have to decide how much it's worth to you to retrieve the photos- either become a forensics expert or pay someone who is.

7. treehouse786

@djohn my wife just broke her brand new iphone 4s because i stepped on it :oops: well i kinda jumped on it at full force but it was a complete accident lol.

@aigle if your ok with the 8 month old backup then just do a factory reset (from itunes) which should wipe the storage on the iphone then restore the backup

8. Dark Shadow

treehouse786]@djohn my wife just broke her brand new iphone 4s because i stepped on it :oops: well i kinda jumped on it at full force but it was a complete accident lol.

Opps,LOL

9. HAN

HAN Registered Member

From what I've seen, iTunes does not backup the Camera Roll. From what I've seen in Windows, you have to export photos from the iPhone as a camera device to a PC, verify they are there, delete them from the iPhone, transfer them to the regular photos folder on the PC and then finally sync with iTunes to get them back onto the iPhone.

If this is wrong, can someone point me to a web page that outlines how the Camera Roll is synced via iTunes??

10. treehouse786

i think you are confusing 'sync' and 'backup'.

you are right in that itunes does not sync your photos from iphone>PC, it does PC>iphone instead, (cant see photos stored on iphone through the itunes GUI) but itunes does in fact backup your photos to the main phone backup.

i have tested this myself and apple documentation on this can be found here

11. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I think I get it now. Not sure why Apple chose to do things exactly that way but they did. I consider myself to be beyond a neophyte when it comes to computers but found this confusing...

12. Dark Shadow

Don fell bad, I found my sons Ipod touch confushing when we first got it and setting up wifi was a pita.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.