How to recover a corrupted image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jlam, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlam

jlam Registered Member

I used Acronis 6 to created 4 files of image of my customer's hard drive and save those image files in my own computer. Now I am using Acronis 9 and I found the images are corrupted.

1) First, on XP platform, I double clicked the image file and after a while it showed Assigning drive letters was successfully completed.

So I clicked on the new drive, E:, and it prompted the drive is not formatted.

2) Opened up Acronis 9, I ran Check Archive and selected the image file, it almost immediately showed error. From the log, there were 4 items:

1. Information - Module 100
    2. Information - Module 1
    3. Error - Module 1 - Error 502 (0x101F6) - Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated.|Details|Image corrupted (0x70020)
    4. Error - Module 100 - Error 5 (0x640005) - Operation has completed with errors.

3) Then I tried using Recovery option and it still showed the same error.

Is there any way I can recover the image? I need to send it to my customer and they will restore it on their computer.

Please help fast. Thank you.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jlam,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create Acronis True Image Bootable CD using the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, boot your computer from it and try to validate the image archive using Validate Archive tool (Tool -> Validate Archive), let us know the exact check-out result.

Could you please clarify if all these four image archives show as corrupted when you try to validate them?

Please also clarify if the image archive stored on the local or external hard drive? If they are stored on the external hard drive store it to local hard drive and try to validate.

Please also perform tests suggested by Menorcaman and inform us about the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.