how to prevent NOD32 to fill my disk with log files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by danac, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danac

danac Registered Member

i am running NOD32 RAS.
    it works fine. nevertheless,
    C:\Program Files\Eset\RA\Server\storage\ScanLog_Details folder is filled with *.dat and RAL*.tmp files that consume great amount of my disk space.

is there an option to set "time to live" interval (or something similar...) for those files?

right now, i have to delete them manually. nevertheles, when i try to delete any of RAL*.tmp files i receive a message that the file is being used by another person or program.

thanx
    danac

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

See the database maintanance settings in the RA server setup:

Attached Files:

3. danac

danac Registered Member

i was looking for something like that.

unfortunatelly, all i get when choose Tools->Server Options... from RA Console is... (see the attachment)

any idea??

regads

danac

Attached Files:

4. Marcos

5. danac

danac Registered Member

oooouuuch.....o_O

right.:cautious:
    got it.:)

now, do i have to uninstall previous version, or i can just go over it?
    are there any special procedures regarding reinstallation? o_O

thanx

danac

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi danac, welcome to Wilders.

From this post:

1. Download the latest RAS, RAC and LAN Update Server.
    2. Install the Remote Administrator Server (RAS) (1.0.11 in this instance).
    3. The database for the RAS will convert itself and then require a reboot.
    4. Install the Remote Administrator Console (RAC) (1.0.11 in this instance).
    5. Connect to ensure everything is running properly.
    6. Install the LAN Update Server (2.51.26) and reboot.

Cheers :D

7. danac

danac Registered Member

this was easy part !:D
    i uninstalled old version of RAS and instaled new one. everything passed OK,
    reboot occured as expected. then uninstalled old version of RAC and installed new one. nothing abnormal...

:mad: i can't connect to the server!!!o_O it gives me an error (see the attachment...)

i presume i should install this on PC with RAS - once that everything works fine? right?

Attached Files:

8. alglove

alglove Registered Member

On the server, go to a Command Prompt and type in netstat -a. This will show all of the active TCP and UDP ports, including the server-side ports that are "listening" for data. Make sure that port 2223 shows up in the "Local Address" column, and that the "State" is LISTENING.

You may also want to go to Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Services to verify that the NOD32 Remote Administrator service is actually running.

Not necessarily. The two can actually run independently of each other, so you can install them in any order.

9. danac

danac Registered Member

you were right. the service was not running.

however, when i tried to start the service, i got the following...
    (see the attachment...)

any idea?

regards
    danac

Attached Files:

10. alglove

Looking at the screenshot... do you have the NOD32 Remote Administrator Server installed on the C: drive or on the H: drive?

11. danac

danac Registered Member

it is on H: drive.

H: drive is my system and boot partition.
    i know it looks silly, but it's just like that... and H is just a letter...

everything was working allright until i upgraded RAS version from v.10.7 to 1.0.11

now, as you can see from the screenshot, the NOD32 RAS service start and stops itself immediately...

i need it running, of course, but i do not know how to prevent it from stopping...

regards
    danac

12. alglove

Do you have any entries in the Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Event Viewer that related to it? Try looking in both the Application Log and the System Log.

13. danac

danac Registered Member

when I try to start NOD32 RAS service it fails to remain running. (i showed you this last time...o_O )

regarding Event viewer logs:
    nothing shown in Application log (regarding NOD32).
    System log shows two lines.
    One that NOD32 RAS service successfully sent a start control and the other that shows that NOD32 RAS service entered the stopped state...

since i can upload only one screenshot, i send the first one...

clicking the hyperlink on the other one (that shows stopped service...) does not give any usefull solution...

regards
    danac

Attached Files:

14. Marcos

Check the nod32ra.log log which will shed more light as to why the service could not start.

15. danac

danac Registered Member

this is copied from the nod32ra.log file.

[2006-10-11 10:06:49.204] V1 [452ca6190000] <INIT_INFO> NOD32RA Server version 1.0.11 starting
    [2006-10-11 10:06:49.274] V1 [452ca6190000] <INIT_INFO> NOD32RA License loaded from file: H:\Program Files\Eset\RA\Server\nod32ra.lic
    [2006-10-11 10:06:49.274] V1 [452ca6190000] <INIT_INFO> Licensed to : MyCompany
    [2006-10-11 10:06:49.274] V1 [452ca6190000] <INIT_INFO> Expires: : 27 Jun 2007
    [2006-10-11 10:06:49.274] V1 [452ca6190000] <INIT_INFO> Number of clients: 19
    [2006-10-11 10:06:49.654] V1 [452ca6190000] <INIT_INFO> Database initialized (using 'H:\Program Files\Eset\RA\Server\nod32ra.mdb')
    [2006-10-11 10:06:49.664] V1 [452ca6190000] <INIT_ERROR> Incorrect (old style) storage structure in directory "H:\Program Files\Eset\RA\Server\storage\Client_RealSetup", use parameter /MIGRATE to upgrade storage or reinstall server
    [2006-10-11 10:06:49.664] V1 [452ca6190000] <INIT_INFO> NOD32RA Server version 1.0.11 shuting down

basically, as i see it, i should uninstall everything, delete directory tree (kill Eset directory under Program Files) and make fresh installation. correct?

it should work then.

i can't recall now, but i think i uninstalled NOD32 RAS and deleted ...\Program Files\Eset\RA\Server directory.
    could it be the reason for this Error?

regards
    danac

16. alglove

You may may able to open up a Command Prompt, change directory to H:\Program Files\Eset\RA\Server , and type in nod32ra.exe /migrate.

17. danac

danac Registered Member

it performed migration (or whatever...) but i still receive the same error when i try to connect server from console...

if you people don't mind, i would go with fresh installation. i really like those academic discussions but my server is out of order :'( ... (OK, mirror works fine at least...)
    therefore, i will uninstall everything, kill eset directory and reinstall from the beginning.

is there any special installation order of nod32 applications i should follow?

(mirror first, then RAS, then ...)

regards

danac

18. alglove

Yes, that is the order right there. Mirror, RAS, RAC. Quite honestly, though, since the RAS is the only component that seems to be broken, I would just leave the mirror alone and reinstall the RAS only.

19. danac

danac Registered Member

i already tried that solution, and it did not work (as far as i recall...).
    nevertheless, i will give another shot before this drastic measure.

thanx on your help.

regards
    danac

20. alglove

Something else you may try before reinstalling everything is to go into the "H:\Program Files\Eset\RA\Server\storage\Client_RealSetup" folder and delete all the data inside. Maybe this will force the RAS to create a new data structure in there.

21. danac

danac Registered Member

just FYI.
    this didn't work.
    nevertheless, i performed installation from the very beginning and everything works fine now.
    i think we can close this topic now.

thanx you all on your help

regards
    danac

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.