How to prevent new GMail login from displaying address?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by MrGump, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

Thanks for taking a look at my issue. If multiple people use a computer to login to gmail, that address can be saved for quick access later. This is a new feature of Gmail login. Clearly this can be a privacy issue just displaying the address. Can this be disabled? Possible by URL or something? Thank you for your help.. *puppy*

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Assuming Internet Explorer - you would delete "form data" previously typed.
    Multiple user accounts on the same PC would circumvent some of this.

Attached Files:

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Are you talking about the fact that it shows the email addresses already listed when you go to gmail? (not passwords)

I find this doesn't happen if I untick the little 'stay signed in'' tickbox.

4. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

siljaline, thank you i use firefox though. also clearing that info is not a good solution. my response to stapp should illuminate why.

Stapp, when i click "Manage accounts on this device"at which point you can choose from any accounts that have signed in. This device happens to be public so you can imagine how many address are shown. Is there a way to simply prevent it from remembering address or do I have to clear FireFox cache and stuff between each user?

5. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I guess this may be what you are describing ?

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/Kwn6bGA8xJQ

On my machine I just have my own account and have it set to sign in whenever I need it. I don't see the email address when i go to the gmail page as I sign out each time.

Perhpas someone who has muliple gmail account can offer some more info.

6. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

Stapp, yes i see this person has the same issue as me but my concern is privacy while his appears to be ease of use.

I was always able to let dozens of people check Gmail from this computer, now I cant because you can see every email address accessed from this computer since Google changed something. Not a huge deal but an annoyance. *puppy*

7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

8. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

thanks! siljaline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.