How to mount new backup format (.pvhd)?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by GeoffreyK, May 8, 2014.

1. GeoffreyK

GeoffreyK Registered Member

In the help file of HDM14, under "What's New", it says:

New UIM (Universal Image Mounter). Apart from PBF images, Universal Image Mounter enables to mount (assign a drive letter to) pVHD backup images (full and incremental) to browse their contents and retrieve data both, in the program and directly under Windows OS.
    I can't see any option in the programme for mounting the pVHD file. I can "connect" to the virtual image inside HDM14, but the image is not mounted either in the sense of having a drive letter nor in the sense of being visible under Windows' own Disk Management snap-in. Right clicking a partition inside the "connected" pVHD disk does not give an option to assign a drive letter nor can I see such an option in any of the menus. What am I doing wrong? How can I invoke the "Universal Image Mounter" as advertised above?

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I have mounted pVHDs with this procedure: Full Scale Launcher > Archives > "Add" the VD to the archives database > select “Show VD containers” and “Show partitions” > the icon “Mount Archive” appears > click this icon.

3. GeoffreyK

GeoffreyK Registered Member

Thank you! I can confirm that did the trick -- i.e. select "Show Partitions" rather than "Show All" on the Archives tab. Now I can mount the partition with a drive letter. I also just found this discussion over on another thread under a different forum section: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/solved-hdm-14-suite-and-pvhd-files.356115/ . Beats me why these "requirements" for simple operations to become available aren't clearly explained in the help file, or even in the interface.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.