How to make OS Selector go away?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by ehh, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ehh

ehh Registered Member

New to Acronis products last month. Downloaded trial versions of True Image and Disk Director. After the problems with the OS Selector the first day, chose not to use that component of Disk Director.

The fifteen days is up.

Tonight via the Add/Remove function in Windows performed a Remove for Disk Director. This seemed successful but during the required re-boot to complete un-installation, OS Selector window appears forcing a choice between Windows 2000 Pro and Floppy. I hadn't seen any OS Selector window since August 15th. Chose Windows and upon completion of boot, OS Selector has installed as of 8:55 pm tonight with icon on desktop. OS Selector is not shown in the Windows list of programs so it can't be removed this way and Disk Director is indeed gone and didn't take OS Selector with it.

How do I get rid of trial version OS Selector 9.0, build 508 so it is truly gone and does not control anything on my computer?

Have MS Windows 2000 Prof. 5.00.2195 Svc. Pk. 4

2. madashell

madashell Guest

This is the big question that NO ONE seems able to answer.. I downloaded the demo and have the same issue.. the damn thing won't uninstall and go away. Rest assured I will not be buying this piece of ****!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.