How to make NOD32 The Best security product for windows

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Mercury_22, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercury_22

Mercury_22 Registered Member

How to improve NOD32 Beta2

I believe the new NOD32 beta2 can be improve to become THE BEST security product for windows just by making the "Web browsers" feature interactive with the ability to let/block programs to connect to the internet/network and by adding a feature/ability to block programs (which are not detected as malware/virus/spyware...) to (invisible) MODIFY / Launch any Program/Browser (Internet Explorer, Mozila Firefox,Opera...)(An example of this kind of programs it's PC Flank's Leaktest !)

If blocking the connections to the internet/network it's a problem being more of a firewall feature/ability NOD32 should at least let user know (and if possible block program's execution until user approve it) which programs attempt to connect to the internet/network so user can pick those he choose to block in (windows) firewall.

What's your opinion about this suggestion(s)?:) :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Re: How to improve NOD32 Beta2

You mean the firewall ? The firewall can already be made Interactive mode . However , by default it is in Automatic mode

Well , in interactive mode the product can already notify you and let you decide which ones will receive a green light and which ones - a red one.

"block program's execution" sound a bit strange to me .
    So ... one exaple , there are many others - IE - browser . I launch it by executing its file iexplore.exe but I have made its home page about:blank so that it won't connect to the internet at all . When I type the desired url , it will try to connect and then ESS will temporary block it until I choose what to do . This is what happens now .

If program's execution is block , in the above case ESS must first terminate iexplore.exe , then don't allow it re-execute (but it won't try by itself at all) , I decide and then ESS will run the iexplore.exe as a parent application because it has loaded it . The whole idea sound weird to me ...

3. Mercury_22

Mercury_22 Registered Member

Re: How to improve NOD32 Beta2

NO! Like i said before i mean NOD32 beta2 (antivirus) ! Did you even try it before you post all that ? ? :rolleyes:
    About "block program's execution" i said IF POSSIBLE but you make it sound like it's not so ...
    :doubt:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.