How to make NOD32 The Best security product for windows

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Mercury_22, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercury_22

Mercury_22 Registered Member

How to improve NOD32 Beta2

I believe the new NOD32 beta2 can be improve to become THE BEST security product for windows just by making the "Web browsers" feature interactive with the ability to let/block programs to connect to the internet/network and by adding a feature/ability to block programs (which are not detected as malware/virus/spyware...) to (invisible) MODIFY / Launch any Program/Browser (Internet Explorer, Mozila Firefox,Opera...)(An example of this kind of programs it's PC Flank's Leaktest !)

If blocking the connections to the internet/network it's a problem being more of a firewall feature/ability NOD32 should at least let user know (and if possible block program's execution until user approve it) which programs attempt to connect to the internet/network so user can pick those he choose to block in (windows) firewall.

What's your opinion about this suggestion(s)?:) :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Re: How to improve NOD32 Beta2

You mean the firewall ? The firewall can already be made Interactive mode . However , by default it is in Automatic mode

Well , in interactive mode the product can already notify you and let you decide which ones will receive a green light and which ones - a red one.

"block program's execution" sound a bit strange to me .
    So ... one exaple , there are many others - IE - browser . I launch it by executing its file iexplore.exe but I have made its home page about:blank so that it won't connect to the internet at all . When I type the desired url , it will try to connect and then ESS will temporary block it until I choose what to do . This is what happens now .

If program's execution is block , in the above case ESS must first terminate iexplore.exe , then don't allow it re-execute (but it won't try by itself at all) , I decide and then ESS will run the iexplore.exe as a parent application because it has loaded it . The whole idea sound weird to me ...

3. Mercury_22

Mercury_22 Registered Member

Re: How to improve NOD32 Beta2

NO! Like i said before i mean NOD32 beta2 (antivirus) ! Did you even try it before you post all that ? ? :rolleyes:
    About "block program's execution" i said IF POSSIBLE but you make it sound like it's not so ...
    :doubt:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.