How to make KeePass file so it can't be deleted?

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by FirefoxAddict, Sep 6, 2015.

1. FirefoxAddict

FirefoxAddict Registered Member

I'm setting up my KeePass database but through some investigating I found you could just delete the whole file so it makes the whole program worthless. Now I'm trying to find a way to lock the file so you can't delete it and the same goes with the KeePass program itself. Does anyone know how to do this? Do I need to encrypt the KeePass file with something like veracrypt? Or put it in a hidden volume?
    Thanks for any help.

2. Sordid

Sordid Registered Member

Right-click>Properties>Security

Encryption doesn't stop deletion

My best advice: backup the database/prog etc to another drive which would protect from deletion, corruption or general data loss

3. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

I store the kdbx files to my pendrive.

4. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

You should always have backups anyway. I can't really determine from your post where you are likely to have "deletion" issues. If you have other users (NON-ADMIN) such as family on your computer, you might protect yourself using "permission" based access to the file. A user can be denied all access or read only if you want them to be able to see the file but not delete it. Such a limited user can easily be controlled from making a mistake with a careless deletion.

Just a thought not knowing where your actual risks of deletion are coming from!