how to make ESS remember the position i set it?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by pavilion_alex, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have the latest version of ESS 6.0.308.0.

when i open the main window of the program, it always reverts to the default dimensions and position in the screen.

how to make it so it can remember the position i set in my screen?

Win 8 Pro 32bit.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I do not have a Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 32-bit system in front of me to test this with right now, but usually holding down the Ctrl key when closing an applications window via the "[X]" widget in its title bar causes Windows to save its geometry (size and location).

If you press Ctrl+R while the ESET user interface is open, though, it resets to the default geometry.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If the gui layout is not saved, it's probably because of problems writing the values to the registry. I'd suggest you carry on as follows:
    - download Process monitor
    - start logging operations
    - change the position / size of the gui window
    - while holding Shift, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the gui window to close the gui
    - stop logging and save the Process monitor log
    - compress the log and supply it to Customer care for analysis. You can also PM me the download link.

4. could you please tell me how to start the logging operations?
    i see all the processes that run on my pc, how to isolate them and keep only ESS?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You needn't filter the processes. If there's another process involved in the issue, it's important that it's included in the log. The size of the log will be much smaller when you compress it before uploading it to a safe location. Basically you should:
    - start Procmon (it should start logging immediately)
    - reproduce the issue
    - stop logging

6. for the moment i can't reproduce the problem. when i manage to do it again, i will update the thread. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.