How to make an image of my XP + all the installed software

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by usnuli, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usnuli

usnuli Registered Member

Hi. This must be a very stupid question, but I've never used any back-up products before, so I am a bit lost. Will someone help me, please? Is there a "howto" somewhere? In the end, is it even possible to make an "XP + software" image, and burn it as an .iso, or is it just a rumour?
    Thank you :D
    Usnuli

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

TI 10 will create an exact image of your XP installation including the installed software as a file(s). It does not allow you to burn it as a .iso file. TI has its own file structure. The resulting image file(s) can burned to CD/DVD using Nero etc., or you can burn direct to DVD. Check out the user guide at http://download.acronis.com/pdf/TrueImage10.0_ug.en.pdf or download the trial version http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/.

3. usnuli

usnuli Registered Member

Thank you so much!
    Best regards!
    Usnuli

4. writedom

writedom Registered Member

Be sure to actually test that the backups will actually restore your computer in the event of corruption / failure. You should swap your hard drive with a test drive when performing the test so that if the test is unsuccessful you will know the backup is no good. Make sure you preform a test especially when running the backup from within Windows.

Ask yourself: What good is a backup if it doesn't work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.