how to know what is a programs send about you

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ESC, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ESC

ESC Registered Member

ok guys , good morning..

i was wounder about some thing if any one can help.. i have a program u can register on it 1 time in ur life .. i try my best to change every information about my pc like ( mac address - pc name - hard disk serial no. - ip address even with diffrent isp -reinstall windows with diffrent keys ) every thing u can expect.
    i wounder how can i catch what the programs send while i'm register or how to give the program fake information b4 it start sending .
    the point is i want to know what the program send about me .
    is there any way to know what the information the program pick it up and sending. so i can change the parts they pick up? hope i get help :(

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Using a sniffer you can check what is sent (provided that it is not encrypted...), but by then it has been sent already.

You'd have to use a proxy that can hold up the transmission, so that you can check the packets that have been sent. Later you might be able to unblock the transmission, so that the transaction is finished.

I don't know if this is feasable.

3. ESC

ESC Registered Member

i used every proxy u can imagin .. just i give up.. dosen't matter .. it seems they collect the information from the pc not from the connection they recived from me .. that's what i'm trying to find out :blink:

4. squash

squash Registered Member

You can use a packet analyser like Ethereal theres a version for Windows, and it's Free and Open-source. It is a packet analyser what people call a "sniffer"

Very powerful program
    http://www.ethereal.com/

Please use only legally, _DO NOT_ use to spy on other people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.