How to include MS Recovery Console as a boot option

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by thomas!, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomas!

thomas! Registered Member

Hi folks,
    i installed the MS Recovery Console to my Win XP Home and i like to include it as a boot option. How this can be done, because until now (after installing the OSS from DDS10) it is not visible at boottime?

So long...
    Thomas

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

There is a post here on that subject and Acronis's reply is that you can't - nor can you boot into safe mode - though there is a 'dodgy' workaround for that one.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please be aware that you can run Windows Recovery Console from Acronis OS Selector by choosing the option to boot from the floppy disks (in case you use the Windows Setup floppy disks) or from the CD drive (if you use the Windows CD-ROM) to start your computer. After the bootup process is started you should press 'R' at the "Welcome to Setup" screen.

I'm afraid that this is the only possibility to start Windows Recovery Console using Acronis OS Selector.

You can also run Windows Safe Mode by booting Windows from Acronis OS Selector and pressing F8 key just after the bootup process started.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.