How to have fun

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Peaches4U, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Subject: Retired people

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.
    Thought you might like to see what happened to me last week.

I went to the store the other day. I was only in there for about 5 minutes. When I came out there was a city cop writing out a parking ticket. I went up to him and said, "Come on, buddy, how about giving a senior a break?" He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. I called him a Nazi. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires. So I called him a piece of (expletive deleted).
    He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes -- the more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

I didn't care. My car was parked around the corner. I try to have a little fun each day.

It's important at my age!

Now that you have read this, smiled - relax as it is a joke and not for real. :D

2. dog

dog Guest

Thanks Peaches ... that was a good laugh! :D

3. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

That gave me a good laugh! :D

4. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hey peaches
    that was a good one.it was my laugh for the day!i thoroughly enjoyed it :D
    Rita

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

You don't know how true that is.....I have a Brother in Law in a million....he and I both decided to come into the 21st Century at the same time after reading and advert in the Local 'Rag' advertising IT lessons for the 'Mentally Retired' (Pensioners) and, to make it more exciting, it was FREE. So we both decided to enrol.....at this point I should say my Bro has never driven a car, nor has he ever been inclined to even own a car....on our first day at the College I picked him up in my car and off we went.....I parked in the free place provided for Disabled Drivers and we had our first lesson on a Computer (Opened up a whole new world for the pair of us, we where captured)....anyway as we left the Building we where on a bit of a high with our little bit of new found 'Tech' and virtually what you said with regard to the Traffic Warden my Bro did......it was classic......the look on the Wardens face as we walked away and got into my car..... :D :D :D

Like you say, age has it's moments of triumph, we both still refer to it as a 'Flash' that will remain with us forever.

Cochise, :cool:

6. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

:D :D :D Cochise, your Bro actually pulled that off? :D Unreal as I slide off my chair laughing. Very naughty. :eek:

7. ssgtmax

ssgtmax Registered Member

2Funny! Tanx for providing a belly laugh for the day. The older I get, the more I appreciate this kind joke. :D :D

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Bull Hockey....you ain't a day over 30....who you trying to fool :cool:

9. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Hey peaches , for a moment, you really had me! :D

10. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Sounds like it could happen :D ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.