how to go back to default settings

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by beethoven, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Is there any east way to go back to RD's default settings with respect to registry rules?

2. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Hi Beethoven,
    Your best bet is probably a reinstall if you've changed a lot of settings. (Unless you saved the settings somewhere and have oodles of patience!!)

3. beethoven

Thanks Tony - perhaps something for future developments? :)

4. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

beethoven,
    A fairly simple way to get back to default settings is to :

• copyyour existing RDStandard.gsr prior to the update if you don't want to lose any local changes (it is in the program install directory)
    • firstly do a "Check Now" to see if there are any outstanding updates (if so then apply as you normally would and follow all the prompts)
    • after that hold down the shift key and click on "Check Now" (in the Main Tab)
    The shift-click on "Check Now" forces an update and the update will include the RDStandard.gsr file (the rules file), allow it to shut down the Gui and when it asks to reboot you can say NO (because you already checked and rebooted if necessary earlier...)

Once you have the RDStandard.gsr as distributed you can exit the GSS Gui and make a copy for future reference (maybe call it RDStandard-1005.gsr)

What I generally do is copy RDStandard.gsr to LocalRules.gsr and then choose LocalRules.gsr as the profile. The downside to using a profile with a different name is that I miss out on automatically getting the latest keys that Jason distributes and have to manually export his groups and import them into my LocalRules profile when I notice that the rules have changed

5. beethoven

Thanks for this tip :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.