How to get TrueImage 8 to wake up XP from standby?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Omen, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omen

Omen Registered Member

Hi,

I'm running TrueImage 8 build 774. I've set up daily incremental and weekly backup schedules which run fine when the computer is on, but they will not wake up my XP SP2 computer when it is in standby.

How can I enable wake-from-standby in TI8? Is there a way to put the TI8 schedules (via command line) into XP's built-in scheduler so I can address the standby problem from there?

Thanks.

2. BJL

BJL Guest

I use Shut Down Expert 4.52 from Zyl Soft for a number of tasks, particularly a Wake Up from Standby. Wake computer a few minutes before scheduled task. A great buy at $15.99. Brian...

http://www.zylsoft.com/shutdown.htm

3. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

No but it will start a missed scheduled image as soon as the computer comes on.

You can't use MS scheduler to run TI but you could set some action in scheduler to wake the computer at the time you designate and then go to sleep again

4. Omen

Omen Registered Member

BJL: Thanks for the link; I'm going to check that proggie out.

djmorgan: TI8 does start up after I come out of standby, but I really wanted it to act like my FirstDefense-ISR backup program. Since it works with XP's scheduler, it brings my computer out of standby, does the backup, then goes back into standby. I can do the backup in the middle of the night instead of when I log on in the morning. But your suggestion of forcing an event in scheduler to wake up the computer is a good one. I'll check around about doing this, and look at the program the BJL recommended.

Thanks to both of you for the response.

5. Omen

Omen Registered Member

Just bumping for a reply from Acronis Support to see if full XP scheduler functionality is in the works for a future version of TI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.