How to get to the reverse function of Track n Reverse in Tiny?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by masqueofhastur, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masqueofhastur

masqueofhastur Registered Member

I can't find anywhere to actually reverse a program installation, I've looked in the start menu and administration centre and didn't see anything and I can't think of where else to look.

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    What do you mean reverse installation?
    Uninstall?
    Mrk

3. yahoo

yahoo Registered Member

Which version of TPF are you using? Only the Pro version has the Track 'n' Reverse Function.

In the Pro version, you can click 'Run Tracklog Analyzer' from system tray menu to launch Tracklog Analyzer. In the Tracklog Analyzer window, you are able to do the reverse. To enable the reverse of a software installion, the software installation must have been tracked, i.e in the Track 'n' Reverse mode while being installed.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  4. masqueofhastur

Yeah, I'm in the tracklog analyzer, but there's nothing there, I have a number of tracking groups but I can't find an actual uninstall function, just delete tracking group and stop collecting data, there's nothing in any of the tabs to the right.

5. yahoo

yahoo Registered Member

screenshot.png

After you stop the tracking, there should be a list of installations in the left panel. High light an item, for example, 'Opera'; click on 'view report'; all the changes would appear in the right panel; click on 'revert changes'; and go on.

6. masqueofhastur

Hmm, well it would appear that none of the programs I have installed made any noteworthy changes or it isn't working for me.

7. yahoo

yahoo Registered Member

screenshot.png

Did you enable 'Track n Reverse' during software installation? I have an example above: the installation file of CCleaner is 'ccsetup126.exe'; When I launch it to install the software, the above popup appears; I need to click on 'Track n Reverse' to track the changes for later reverse. If you did the same steps and still could not find changes, I would have no clue either.

8. masqueofhastur

Yeah, I did that, for several programs. Nothing was showing up for any of them. I tried finishing gathering info on them as well and still nothing.

I've uninstalled it, the firewall was regularely blocking all HTTP traffic, I'd have to disable and re-enable the firewall component to get things working again, so I just uninstalled it. That's what trials are for I guess.

9. yahoo

yahoo Registered Member

Tiny is a monster for many new users, including myself when I started to use it. Fortunately, there are so many other good firewalls on the market for us to choose. Good luck.

10. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Too bad I could not find your request for assistance on HTTP issue (maybe you did not post it in this forum). As a result of this we were not able to assist you in setting up HTTP rules, instead you preferred uninstalling because apparently configuration was not fine tuned.

Ciao
    Itsme

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.