how to get rid of an unwanted partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rbig, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbig

rbig Registered Member

I think I somehow diddled around and inadvertently created an unwanted partition in my primary pc hard drive.

I say this because an E drive that hasn't been there before suddenly showed up.

I'm running WinME, Acronis TI 8.0, and an external USB drive that I do my backups on.

Anyway, assuming I managed to hamburger an unwantedh partition on my primary hd that I don't want, how can I make it go away?

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Your info is a little vague. Would you consider showing us a screen capture of your "My Computer" using the "details" viewing option. sample below.

Attached Files:

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Partition Magic can merge that extra partition into the main one. Not sure if Acronis Disk Director can.

4. rbig

rbig Registered Member

I see I told you wrong. It's drive D that I think has become a partition of my primary hard drive. I don't know how to post a screen capture shot. Be glad to do that--just need to know how.

5. GroverH

I interpreted your first posting as you were uncertain as to your actions. That's why I wanted to see more. Check my signature below for info on attachments.

6. rbig

rbig Registered Member

I give up. Don't think I'll be able to post that screen shot of "My Computer".

I'm working on my wife's old WinME wheezer pc. The only graphics image processor I have is the old Windows Paint. Bad quality pics on save, and way too big for post file size (.bmp extenders).

I'll find a partition manager program and use it to get this hard drive squared away.

Thanks for the help.

7. GroverH

rbig,
    Yes, in order to remove, you will need a program.

Should you want to spend a little more time on being able to display an image of MyComputer, this link will show you how to use Paint to get a satisfactory capture.
    text file=capture-paint.txt

Attached Files:

8. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

GroverH I don't know if rbig is going to look back here, but I had like to thank you for that "paint text" I have programs to easily accomplish what you did using paint, but a lot of my friends don't and I will be passing that info on to them. What a good lesson for paint, I may just find myself using it more. I didn't know that I could write the ".jpg" extension and it would save it as jpg, thanks again.
    rbig I apoligize for butting in on your thread. Don't give up I am sure, as you can see from GroverH instructions, that he knows a lot and there are a lot of other very knowlegable people on this forum.

9. GroverH

Thanks DBKnox for making my time spent worthwhile. It's not as neat as my normal captures but it works when you have nothing else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.