How to get a Hotspot Shield Elite Refund?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by ad18, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ad18

ad18 Registered Member

Hi everyone. I purchased two years of Hotspot Shield Elite but now I want a refund because it does now work properly. Does anyone know how to get a refund from them? I tried emailing and calling Anchorfree but by question was not answered. Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. box750

box750 Registered Member

Something I don't understand is how you managed to buy a two year subscription, you can only buy up to a year in advance using their website.

3. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

He is a ghost from the future.

4. ad18

ad18 Registered Member

I bought each year seperately. It seemed like a good deal because I had a 50% off coupon. Hotspot Shield is not reliable though. Thankfully I found a good VPN.

5. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

They billed me for another year even though I canceled. Their answering machines have been all filled up for over a week. Emails to their site have been rejected as unreachable.

I have instructed my credit card company to decline the charge.

6. box750

box750 Registered Member

I am sorry I can't help you getting a refund but I am glad you posted this thread so that other people are warned about this company. I am myself surprised since HotSpot Shield is very well known and often named in main stream media, I expected better from a big company. Two long term posters with the same problem, i.e. customer service not replying, is quite credible.

I was wondering which is the "good VPN" you have found.

7. ad18

ad18 Registered Member

Private Internet Access and Earth VPN are good. Neither of them log and they are pretty fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.