How to format a RAID 0 hard drive?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gracie123, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hello,

I am thinking about reformatting my hard drive which is a RAID 0. I've never owned a RAID 0 hard drive much less reformat one. I am wanting to reformat it because when I install Windows Vista when its released to consumers, I want to know how to format the drive.

Thanks in advance, if anyone can assist me.

Gracie

2. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Gracie,

You have a Dell, right? There's a screen that pops up after POST. It says something about healthy Raid. Just hit the key to get into that screen. You will see a screen that looks like the BIOS screen. A column on each side. In there you can select what it is you want to do: check Raid array, Format Drives (quick or full format)

Before you format, I'd run the Dell Diagnostics program (on quick Diagnose) if there are "no disc errors" you can do a quick format, it's much quicker than a full.

If you're not comfortable w/ the format / install, give Dell a call and let them walk you through in install. (Most of the time) I've found their tech support very helpful.

hth,

...screamer

3. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hi, that's correct :). I may give Dell a call just to be sure I do everything right.. is formatting a RAID 0 harder or confusing than formatting a regular hard drive just curious?

Gracie

4. screamer

screamer Registered Member

No, not at all, there are only a few added steps as mentioned in the pop up screen.

If you decide to go it alone, I'd D/L the nVidia drivers from the Dell site or have your "Dell Resource Disc" handy w/ all the drivers available.

...screamer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.