How to enumerate pc's in a domain?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by blunt0ne, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blunt0ne

blunt0ne Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I am using Eset SS v4 in a domain environment.

We had allot of old computer objects in various Organizational Units hence when i did my 'enumerate on server' i have a list of pc's for remote install but a good number no longer exist.

The pc's no longer in production have since been removed from Active Directory.

How can i 'clean/delete' this list and re-create it / re-enumerate my Domain environment for computers that are actually there.

It seems when i choose an Active Directory Organizational Unit on the Network View pane and then click enumerate on server it goes through the whole unchecked network view list.. i.e it enumerates NETBIOS Search anyways and what appears to be the whole Organizational Units structure instead of the OU's i have chosen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; if i could clear out the list of pc's on my remote install pane and then repopulate it with pc's only found under let's say my AD Computers OU; then at least i know the pc's i am targeting for a remote install exist on the network ( i.e as opposed to enumerating my 'Disabled Pc's' OU....

thanks so much for any help....

*EDIT: Figured it out, was visualizing the 'Network View' / enumeration as something different i believe i have it figured out now; thanks.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.